benefit trials


posted by hellogorgeousx on , , ,

2 comments

On every birthday and christmas list since I was around 14 you will see me asking for some form of Benefit product. Who doesn't love the quirky packaging, bright department store counters and promises of the products to work wonders?

Well around 2 years ago I finally went in to Debenhams and purchased something from Benefit, High Beam to be precise and I can't say I was impressed. It seemed very glittery and as a highlighter did't seem to highlight as much as I had hoped. This was put in the back of my drawer and no doubt eventually given to a family friend or such like.

Despite this dissapointment I still wanted more! I had seen advertisements for Miss Popularity, a precision highlighter. It looked interesting and promised a lot, so I thought why not!

Whilst there I also purchased... Georgia blush and Erase Paste.






Miss Popularity


I do actually like this product, when put in the corners of my eyes it does brighten them and it also narrows the nose when put on either side, which is something I am happy with. However, for the price I do feel you could just purchase a white, shimmer eyeshadow and have it do the same job. Although I do like this product and what it offers I do think it is overpriced and you would be best off looking for an alternative. 6/10

Georgia Blush

I rarely use blush, I am a bronzer girl all day long. However my reasons for purchasing this were to highlight the cheekbone and create a more 'fresh' look. I find this product quite chalky, although I am impressed with the colour and finish and it does exactly as I wanted it to! Again, just a bit too expensive for what it is! 6/10

Erase Paste

This promises to camouflage bags under eyes and any other unsightly facial areas. You are provided with a small 'scoop' and you are supposed to put, what I think is, quite a large amount of the concealer on to the area and then 'spread' it across. I don't use the tool and instead just use my fingers or a smaller brush. As for coverage, I do not think this camouflages as much as I had hoped however I do feel that my eyes look brighter when using it and therefore won't be gettign rid of it just yet! 7/10

What do you think of Benefit products? Have you been dissapointed or do you just avoid the hype?

2 comments

Leave a Reply